What is the Club's Hot Weather Policy?
- If the Fire Danger Rating in the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District for a shooting day is listed as EXTREME or CATASTROPHIC, the Club's activities for that day are cancelled. (Coaching course sessions affected will be re-scheduled and participants notified.)
- Please check the CFS website for current (and the next day's) fire ban information.
Are there any restrictions on the use of crossbows at HILLS ARCHERS?
Are dogs allowed?
- Your canine friend is welcome, but must be under (very) effective control or on a lead when archery is in progress. (Please note that if horses are present, dogs are not permitted.)
What restrictions apply to smoking?
- In the interests of promoting and maintaining a healthy environment, HILLS ARCHERS is a non-smoking venue
- As a Good Sports Club, the entire Club grounds are smoke-free (this includes the use of all electronic cigarettes) in the interests of maintaining a great environment and by disconnecting unhealthy activity from healthy sport. (The car park is the only designated smoking area.)
Who can shoot at our Club shoots?
- Any person who has paid the appropriate Club (shooting) membership fees and has been accepted as a financial member of HILLS ARCHERS
- Those who have completed a beginners' course with HILLS ARCHERS and return as Temporary Members (under instruction) for a defined period
- Any person who is a current (shooting) member of another Archery Australia affiliated Club (AA membership card required to be produced) or a member of a Club affiliated with an International Federation (World Archery/IFAA, etc) and upon payment of the visitors' fee
- Any visiting member of an Archery Alliance Club (ABA/3DAAA) upon payment of the visitors' fee (proof of current membership of ABA/3DAAA will be required)
- Any person who is a Temporary Member of HILLS ARCHERS for a specific event (e.g. come'n'try/corporate/social events, etc)
Is there a minimum age?
- The minimum age is 9 years
- However, young children are more than welcome to visit, so long as they are actively supervised
Why does the Club use online payments?
- Email notification is sent to the Club whenever a payment is made, to keep the Club informed
- It's quick and easy – no need to have to arrange to catch up with the Treasurer and can be done when it suits the individual
- Lets a person pay via debit/credit card or PayPal.
- Can be done via computer, iPad/tablet, iPhone or Android mobile phone
- Event entry and membership is instant and, for members, the member's record is updated immediately
- Is transparent and payments don't go "missing"
- The volunteer Treasurer is not loaded up with additional (and time-consuming) work
- Reduces the operating costs of the Club.